Thursday, June 20, 2013

Excel to Self-Motivate

One of the issues I have with writing is that I will make a start on something but then get distracted by an idea and leave what I was working on to move onto that new idea. One thing that has been able to keep me on track the few times I have finished something has been keeping daily stats of my progress.

Since I have recently taken a class on Microsoft Excel I figured I could kill two birds with one stone by using the program to not only keep stats to keep me on track but to also help reinforce some of the things I have learned to do with the program.

As I only began writing daily for this first project yesterday the stats are not much to look at, but every time I get to change them makes me happy to see numbers increase. I may not be very good at math but seeing numbers get bigger and knowing it means something positive is not that difficult to follow.

Perhaps when I have finished the first draft I will post the full sheet for my progress for this, but until then I need to go back to writing so I can have some better numbers to show for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment