Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thoughts as I approach the finish

So I have not abandoned this blog, just felt I had nothing of interest to add to it.

I am still working on rewriting my first book, Never Kiss a Vampire on the First Date, and I keep hoping that I will finish it off any day now. I am well past the halfway mark and feel so much better about it now with what I have written. But because this has meant doing some massive rewriting it has taken me a bit longer than I had hoped. I still want to get it out before the end of the year, but I do also want to have someone read it first at least and do some more revisions to a few parts I am not completely happy with.

That said the next one should not take as long with the rewriting but of course I do want to write that first draft for the third in the series first. But I feel confident that all three will be completed before the end of 2014 and I would love to get out two to three of these out each year. It definitely helps that I am aiming more for around the 25,000 word range and not the 50,000 word range for them.

Because of that length I figure when I get it up on Kindle as an independent published novel I will try to have the price .99USD. I do not think I would feel right to charge more for something so short, and not to mention by a rookie author. I just hope people will be able to find it and give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment