Sunday, September 15, 2013

Moving along.

Decided to take a bit of a break from writing the first draft of the next book in the Rainstone series. I will still go back to it afterwards though as I feel like I am on a roll with this.

Unlike Never Kiss this draft I have been able to keep ahead of the word goals I have set. I was hoping to have it done by the end of October, but if I keep the pace I have been I could finish before then.

I can only assume this is going easier than the last time because I have had more time to mull over what I wanted to do with the characters. With Never Kiss so much changed with the characters as I was writing it the first draft looks a mess with how things were switched up to match my later ideas. I have yet to run into that issue with this other draft and I think it is that which is making the difference.

I have also begun to do a little bit of re-writing for Never Kiss. Nothing major yet as I do want to focus on one book at a time but I already feel better about it with what I have done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment